Update your info
Authors ranklist
Current contest
Scheduled contests
Past contests
Rules
back to board

Discussion of Problem 1435. Financial Error

Are checkers or tests for contest and for problemset different?
Posted by Igor E. Tuphanov 28 Feb 2006 14:06
I got AC at contest. After rejudge - TL or WA (can' remember). Now I submit the same code (it was that code, i've submitted on contest) ans got AC. Why? Are checkers or tests for contest and for problemset different?
Re: Are checkers or tests for contest and for problemset different?
Posted by Aleksandr Klepinin 28 Feb 2006 14:20
Yes, checker was updated.
It is usual practice that after the contest when problems are moved into archive they are reviewed and checkers are updated to be more stable.
Re: Are checkers or tests for contest and for problemset different?
Posted by Igor E. Tuphanov 28 Feb 2006 15:56
But then results of a contest do not match to results of same codes, submitted to a problem set. May be, I didn't understood you, but chk's and tests sholud be unificated!
Indeed. I now appear with 5 problems solved, because my AC solution got TL after rejudgement. (+)
Posted by Michael Rybak (accepted@ukr.net) 28 Feb 2006 17:23
It took me <5 mins to fix it, while struggling against unclear things in problem statement took much more during the contest.

I think it's really unfair - what could have changed that would cause AC solution to get TL on same test data? And changing data isn't fair. I repeat, it would cost me really small effort to fix that TL during the contest. Not fair.

[EDIT] I'm now not even sure what was my AC solution. I remember getting TL during the contest and then adding a small fix to avoid it, and after the contest, when I got the regudged "TL", I found my code didn't have that fix. So I probably didn't save the last version of code, and if I did, it would also be accepted without any changes, making things even less fair.

Can you take a look at my AC submission during the contest, or at least send it to me?

Edited by author 28.02.2006 17:26