Register
Update your info
Authors ranklist
Current contest
Scheduled contests
Past contests
Rules
back to board

Discussion of Problem 1624. Go out of here!

Why TL such a large?
Posted by Kurpilyansky Evgeny (USU) 27 Aug 2008 23:59
Accepted
0.062    1 486 КБ

I solve this problem with O(log K*(K+(W*H)^2)).

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
Re: Why TL such a large?
My algo's complexity is the same (haven't applied yet). Maybe, author have less efficient algo. Maybe, you realization is pretty fast...
Posted by SPb-MaxBuzz 24 Nov 2008 08:51
Well, the solution and the tests for this problem were written when I had just finished the first course. I had been quite a "weak" programmer that time. Actually, I'd implemented the first solution that came in my head and designed TLs and tests for it. Certainly, this problem had been stored on HDD without any change for one and a half year, and then it was given to the PTZ camp. Yes, we designed a lot of more efficient solutions, but it was laziness that prevented me from implementing them and creating new tests.

Nevertheless, probably it would be better for the tests to be unchanged. As I can see, this problem remains a great challenge for Timus coders, and the main difficulty is not to fit the speed limits.
Posted by Vedernikoff Sergey (HSE: АОП) 18 Mar 2009 21:21
Still, I think TL is too large. Now I wrote it and also got AC in 0.062 sec. I think that 1 sec. for this problem is more than enough...
Posted by Al.Cash 2 May 2009 18:42
I agree because even obvious O(W*H*K) solution, written quite optimal, works less then 0.5 sec.
Posted by Vedernikoff Sergey (HSE: АОП) 2 May 2009 22:43
Hm... This, IMHO, already means that testset is weak, and admins should try to improve it
Posted by Sergey Lazarev (MSU Tashkent) 29 Aug 2009 17:36
I think it's strange to discuss large TL and weak tests for problem that was solved by 12 people on Timus (and one of them is the author of this problem).