Текущее соревнование
Расписание
Прошедшие соревнования
Правила
вернуться в форум

Обсуждение задачи 1033. Лабиринт

What's wrong with my input code? I always have WA #1
Послано me 1 окт 2010 13:48
My program seems to work correctly on all tests I tried, including all the tests that could be found in topics of this problem's discussion. Nevertheless, I always have WA #1 when I submit it as a solution, so I guess something is wrong not with the algorithm, but with I/O code. Here it is (I know that the rules of the board deny posting code, but this is only input/output code, no part of algorithm is exposed):

int main(int argc, char **argv){
  int n;
  std::cin >> n;

Labyrinth lab(n);

for(int i = 0; i < n; i++){
    std::string s;
    std::getline(std::cin, s);
    // strip the last linebreak, if any
    if(s[s.length() - 1] == '\n') s.resize(s.length() - 1);
    // if the string is empty
    // (for example,  after reading the
    // number from the first line),
    // reread it (modifying the current line index)
    if(s.length() == 0) { i--; continue; }
    for(int j = 0; j < n; j++){
      if(s[j] == '#') lab.add_wall_block(j, i);
    }
  }
  std::cout << 9 * lab.total_walls_visible() << std::endl;
  return 0;
}

(if the formatting is broken, here is the alternative: http://itpaste.ru/92461 )

Edited by author 01.10.2010 13:49
Re: What's wrong with my input code? I always have WA #1
Послано me 1 окт 2010 14:37
Oops, I'm sorry, I got AC without any modifications of I/O code. The problem was rather unexpected though: I use g++ on 64-bit linux, and it aligns all the variables to the 8 byte blocks. There was one line in algorithm where I accessed the integer which was one-off the array. Because of the alignment, there was some free space after the array (silently initialized to zero by g++), so accessing the variable was harmless: I was reading the point to visit next, and I always got (0, 0) as the coordinate, which was to visit anyway.
Timus's compiler works on 32-bit machine (as far as I know) and didn't align the array, so I was getting an invalid coordinate. Thanks to the valgrind, I found the problem.