Update your info
Authors ranklist
Current contest
Scheduled contests
Past contests
Rules
back to board

Discussion of Problem 1267. Yekaterinburg Subway

I think this problem really needs a clearer statement and an explanation of the sample
Posted by 337446ZX 24 Jan 2024 07:59
I will post one if I solve it.
Re: I think this problem really needs a clearer statement and an explanation of the sample
Posted by 337446ZX 24 Jan 2024 08:48
There are n subway stations on a subway line, numbered from 1 to n. The distance between the ith station and the i+1th station is s_i, which means the train need s_i minutes to drive from the ith station to the i+1th.
There are trains driving from 1 to n and trains driving from station n to station 1. The trains driving from station 1 to station n departs every d minutes at station 1 and the first one of that departs at d1 minutes. Similarly, The trains driving from station n to station 1 departs every d minutes too at station n and the first one of that departs at dn minutes. However, in this problem the trains are considered not to stay at any station, just drive past
A vistor is going to visit every station. He starts from station t. To visit a station, he has to take a train and get off at that station. It takes him 1 minutes to visit a staion, so that he cannot take the train he get off just now. The station t is considered visited. After all visits he need to return to station t.
You are going to make a plan for him so that the time cost is minimized. The time cost is calculated as (the time he has visited all stations and gets off a train to station t - the time he departs--getting on a train at station t (can be any train)). Output such time in minutes.
Input
n
s_1 s_2 ... s_(n-1)
t
d d1 dn

Edited by author 24.01.2024 09:02
Re: I think this problem really needs a clearer statement and an explanation of the sample
Posted by 337446ZX 24 Jan 2024 09:01
Explanation of the sample:
One possible solution.
Take the train to n at 5 and get of to station 3 at 12.
Then take the train to 1 at 13 and get of to station 1 at 25.
Then take the train to n at 28 and get of to station 2 at 33.
It costs 33-5=28

Edited by author 24.01.2024 09:05