Update your info
Authors ranklist
Current contest
Scheduled contests
Past contests
Rules
back to board

Discussion of Problem 1320. Graph Decomposition

I still don't understand what this problem mean,someone help me!!
Posted by hulala 18 Apr 2004 20:33
who can explane it more clearly!!
thank you!!
Re: I still don't understand what this problem mean,someone help me!!
Posted by A. Mironenko 19 Apr 2004 17:35
Look at discussion in prevoius topic ("Clarification") on this board. If you still cann't understand - try another problem - this one is not yours :)
Re: I still don't understand what this problem mean,someone help me!!
Posted by hero 14 Jul 2004 19:35
this problem is not yours ??? this problem has an ambigous text; it should be changed.
Be quiet. Mr. Mironenko is just a little stubborn and lazy - no offense :) See my clarification (-)
Posted by Dmitry 'Diman_YES' Kovalioff 15 Jul 2004 13:52
+1 (+)
Posted by Michael Rybak (accepted@ukr.net) 21 Feb 2006 04:03
Indeed, I also first thought about the unambiguous representation of a graph by specifying the set of pairs of it's edges that share a common vertex. It's an interesting problem, certainly much more difficult than the original, and the problem statement is at least vague, if not incorrect.

"You are to define if it is possible to present it by the set of pairs of adjacent edges (having a common vertex)".

Presenting means finding a representation. "Present by set of pairs of adjacent edges" is *not* the same as "divide the set of edges into a set of pairs of adjacent edges".

On the other hand, the name of the problem really helps - any search on Decomposition brings to partitioning, not representing, so the problem statement is sufficient in a way.